Lexshield SA is a self-adhered Air and Vapour Barrier Membrane for use in roofs & walls.
Category: Air and Vapour Barriers & Underlayments
Lexshield™ Air and Vapour Barrier Flashing Tape
$13.50 – $110.25
Air & Vapor Barrier Tape
Lexshield SA is a self-adhered Air and Vapour Barrier Membrane for use in walls and roofs. It consists of a cross-laminated, high-density polyethylene film backed with a proprietary high tack adhesive and a silicone release liner (4 inches, 6 inch, 9 inch, 12 inch, 18 inches, and 36-inch rolls). It is compatible with most fluid-applied air barriers and insulation adhesives.
Air Barrier Uses:
- For Cavity walls
- As a transition membrane for flashing window and door openings
Vapour Barrier Use:
- For flat roofs
FEATURES & BENEFITS OF AIR AND VAPOR BARRIER FLASHING TAPE
- Excellent Air and Vapour Barrier flashing tape Properties – Surpasses the industry’s most rigorous air and vapor resistance tests
- Flexible – Remains leak-free, even when subjected to differential expansion and contraction forces or minor cracking in the underlying substrate
- Tear & Puncture Resistant – high-density film used provides excellent resistance to accidental cuts and tears during installation
- No Primer Required – Super tacky adhesive formulation sticks well to virtually any surface; mechanical fastening is not required at plane or direction changes*
*: When installing Lexshield on porous/fibrous surfaces, a test strip should be done to ensure if a primer is required for proper adhesion of membrane.
- Apply in Cold Temperatures – Can be applied in temperatures as low as -20°C (-4°F)!**
**: When installing Lexshield in temperatures below 0 °C, a test strip should be done to ensure if a primer is required for proper adhesion of membrane.
- Seals Around Fasteners – LexShield™ self-seals around screw and nail penetrations***
***: Penetrated by numerous roofing screws into 22 ga. steel deck, LexShield™ showed no leakage after 24 hours submersion under 25 mm of water. Full test procedures and results available from Lexcor.
- Economical – LexShield’s™ state-of-the-art technology offers improved benefits over traditional air barrier systems at a lower installed cost!
|Dimensions||4.75 × 4.75 × 4 in|
4 inch x 75 feet, 6 inch x 75 feet, 9 inch x 75 feet, 12 inch x 75 feet, 18 inch x 75 feet, 36 inch x 75 feet