Lexshield SA is a self-adhered Air and Vapour Barrier Membrane for use in walls and roofs.
Category: Air and Vapour Barriers
6 inch Lexshield™ Air and Vapour Barrier Flashing Tape
Lexshield SA is a self-adhered Air and Vapour Barrier Membrane for use in walls and roofs. It consists of a cross-laminated, high density polyethylene film backed with a proprietary high tack adhesive and a silicone release liner (4 inch, 6 inch, 9 inch, 12 inch, 18 inch and 36 inch rolls) or with a plastic release liner (54 inch roll). It is compatible with most fluid applied air barriers and insulation adhesives.
Air Barrier Uses:
- For Cavity walls
- As a transition membrane for flashing window and door openings
Vapour Barrier Use:
- For flat roofs
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Excellent Air and Vapour Barrier Properties – Surpasses the industry’s most rigourous air and vapour resistance tests
- Flexible – Remains leak-free, even when subjected to differential expansion and contraction forces or minor cracking in the underlying substrate
- Tear & Puncture Resistant – high density film used provides excellent resistance to accidental cuts and tears during installation
- No Primer Required – Super tacky adhesive formulation sticks well to virtually any surface; mechanical fastening is not required at plane or direction changes*
*: When installing Lexshield on porous/fibrous surfaces, a test strip should be done to ensure if a primer is required for proper adhesion of membrane.
- Apply in Cold Temperatures – Can be applied in temperatures as low as -20°C (-4°F)!**
**: When installing Lexshield in temperatures below 0 °C, a test strip should be done to ensure if a primer is required for proper adhesion of membrane.
- Seals Around Fasteners – LexShield™ self-seals around screw and nail penetrations***
***: Penetrated by numerous roofing screws into 22 ga. steel deck, LexShield™ showed no leakage after 24 hours submersion under 25 mm of water. Full test procedures and results available from Lexcor.
- Economical – LexShield’s™ state-of-the-art technology offers improved benefits over traditional air barrier systems at a lower installed cost!
|Dimensions||4.75 × 4.75 × 6 in|